Sunday, June 24, 2012

God has not forgotten us...

Life is pretty overwhelming at times. I am not going to lie. The good thing is that life is not overwhelming right now for me! But a little while ago, I had an experience with God when I was overwhelmed that totally blew me away.*** For those of you that are still getting to know me, I am one of those people that seem to find myself getting into uphill battles more than downhill battles. I push through it anyway and hope for the best. During one of these periods, I was very stressed about my situation and I asked God how long will this continue to go on. Things got darker and I became discouraged, but he answered shortly after.*** I was going through the book of Psalms, and I was reading Psalm 12 and 13. I will let you read it on your own, but 12 focuses on one struggle I had and 13 was a different one. With 13, it starts out with David asking, "How Long, Oh lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?" I had to laugh. The chapter talks about feeling left alone by God as his enemies easily find success. Yet it ends with David saying that he is trusting in God's love and will praise him and sing to him because he is good to him.*** The fact that this was the exact topic I was thinking of when I read it reminded me that God HAS NOT forgotten me. It also reminded me that David, his beloved King, felt the same exact feelings... so it is quite normal. It also reminded me that even though my situation may not be ideal right now, it is temporary and he is good to me. It reminded me to persevere when trials are tough and that God will take care of me. I can trust man, but I should never give them the burden of fulfilling my hopes or desires. Only God can do that, and he will do that if my heart is aligned with his will. Until I see it come to pass, I had to remind myself to praise him for my soon to be answered prayers.*** The next day, as I was sitting in my room, I got a phone call that answered the main prayer request that I had. I had felt that I was forgotten as I was striving to get answers for this next stage of my life. What I did not stop to think was that even though I was not getting communications returned, the situation was still under control. Everything went through like it was supposed to, but I was not waiting patiently for the final answer. In the end, I realized that God remembered me.*** So my encouragement to you today is that if you feel forgotten by God, be patient. Just because it is not an immediate yes, does not mean that it is an immediate no. It could be, "Wait for my perfect timing." It is completely normal to feel forgotten by God, but remember that he has not forgotten you.

No comments:

Post a Comment