Wednesday, February 27, 2013

We are Conquerors


As you have probably figured out by now, It seems that I can read a verse of scripture days, weeks, months, years later and find that it speaks a completely different message to me.  Well, here is another one for you…

Romans 8:36-39: Just as it is written, “For your sake we are being put to death all day long; We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”   But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

At first blush, you might think that I am referencing the struggle that I have had to go through to get credibility in a ministry setting.  Yes, that is the truth.  I have had to endure ridicule, hardship, betrayal, people who tried to talk me out of going into the ministry, poverty, and many other things.  Through all of that, I find that God is being gracious to me in these circumstances.  What I think is cool is that he is helping me through that, and I feel that a break through is starting to happen.  What I have found is that with a break through, usually something else is loosed or let go of before the break through happens.

Recently God has led me somewhere that I told myself that I would never go back to. It was a place where I felt that for various reasons a part of me had died.  I was able to restore that part of me, but I know that others did not.  Because of the hurt and frustration that I had, I told God that I would never go back.  The funny thing is that when you use the word “Never” towards God, God usually giggles and asks, “Oh really?”  I should have known

I am not going to get into too much detail since this is a public blog and I do not want to put people and places on the spot.  The main thing that I want to drive home today is the fact that sometimes God allows you to go back to those places of hurt as conquerors.  Yes, there was something that may have happened in your past, but you can change the future for others… and that is so awesome!

This is how I am looking at this situation.  Because I have been through what I have been through, I will be able to recognize what happened to me and make sure that it does not happen to others.  I feel that God might allow me to go back and to make a difference in times when others failed to help me.  Though it sounds ironic, it is very poetic in nature as well.

It’s interesting because I am still not sure about a couple of things in my life, but I feel more confident about it now.  I wanted to write this today because I would like to give you hope because if he can do it for me, he can do it for you.  He can give you dominion and make you a conqueror over what has subdued you!  As you go through daily routine, remind yourself of that.  You are a conqueror and that God will give you dominion over the challenges in your life.  Be without fear friends, He loves you and you will overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment